The SLPS office will be open as of Monday August 29th from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. We look forward to welcoming all students back for an exciting new school year.
*All new SLPS kindergarten families should have received a welcome package. This package contains your child's intake visit date and time, staggered entry process information as well as other useful information. If you did not receive this information, please call the school office.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
· If your child is taking the bus: Please arrive at the stop at least 15 minutes ahead. (For younger students: Please place a label on your child’s backpack that states their name/ grade and school. Contact # also useful.)
· The buses will be met at school by school staff. Between 7:45 and 8:00, students will remain outside on the yard for recess.
Grade 1: buses will be met by school staff and the children in grade 1 will be guided to the front yard area near the front entrance of the school. There will be signage that says grade 1. Between 7:45 and 8:00, students will remain outside and then be guided into their classroom lines by staff with classlists. (If it is raining, all grade 1 students will go into the gym. We ask parents to remain outside.) All the grade 1 students will be placed into their class groups by teachers and will enter the school at the bell.
Grade 2-6 students: At the bell, students will line up in their grade area and will enter the school as a grade group. They will be placed into their class groups by teachers after the bell once they have entered the building. Parents are asked to say their goodbyes on the schoolyard.
grade 2 (front corner door near bike racks)
grade 3 (doors closest to the primary play structure)
grade 4 (junior doors at rear of school near the basketball hoops)
grade 5 and 6 (rear doors near the gym concrete shed)
· If you are coming with your child on the first day, please remember that parking is very limited . We anticipate a lot of vehicular traffic.
· Please note the play structure is not to be used by students before the start of the school day
· Students taking the bus will be led into their bus lines. Buses depart at 2:40.
· Please ensure you are at the bus stop 15 minutes before drop-off time. Please remember that bus routes are often slower the first week of school as the drivers familiarize themselves with the routes.
· If you are picking your child up, kindly wait until 2:30 pm for the dismissal bell. The teachers will dismiss students at 2:30 pm. Students will be directed to their buses and non-busers can be met on the front grassy area.
· Kindly remember that the bus lane is only for buses and emergency vehicles 365 days a year/ 24hrs/day